Monday 30 June 2014

MMVA 2014 fashion reviews - worst dressed

I always feel guilty when doing the worst dressed because I don't think that I'am in any position to judge, complain nor make fun of someones sense of style, or what celebrity stylists decided to put on them. But, this is my blog and I'm just talking about my own personal opinion. It's not like I'm judging the looks on a national TV, but just on a small blog post, where I want to share that opinion. Even when I don't like someones outfit, just because it didn't hit my fashion sense or I don't think it looks as good as it could, I still try to look for the positives, something that stands out or is just simply magnificent in the look (and obviously not mentioning someones personal life, because this is not what fashion is about). So, now when that's out the way...here are the ...not so great dressed at the MMVA 2014.

Shenae Grimes looked one hundred percent casual at this years awards night, by wearing a The Kooples blazer with diamond print and simple, black leather pants, paired with a basic white top...maybe a little bit too casual? I think she could definitely pull this look off at Kids Choice Awards, where you don't have to dress formally, but you can jump into something more down to earth. And, obviously not forgetting about the matching black clutch. Although the outfit has been put together nicely (colour wise), I have to say WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THOSE SHOES? What are they? I know this is my own personal opinion and everyone likes different things...but come on... seriously? I bet a pair of a stilettos would do a trick better than those clown shoes.

Laura Vandervoort, came to the MMVA 2014 red carpet wearing a The 2nd Skin pastel blue mini dress, which featured a small peter pan collar, with Giuseppe Zanotti metallic heels, a light coloured clutch and a simple ponytail. Laura looked girly and cute but a bit boring...Luckily the darker make-up added more interest to this look because everything is just too light...just too many pastels and whites. 

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this one... I'm a fan of Selena, I think she is talented etc...but like I said before I'm only exposing my own personal opinion about what a person has worn to an event, that is all. And this time Sel has decided to wear a mini dress with embellishments, that didn't do her body shape any favours. Instead of high-lighting her figure, the dress flatten her chest and made it look as if she was desperate to show and expose more skin than she usually does. The dress just looked like a Christmas wrapping paper that has been wrapped around a small section of her body and left as it is. However, it's not all bad, one of the positives is that the whole look looks nicely put together as the gold sandals match the hoop earrings and the dress. And her hair has been left down, which covered the shoulders.

Thank you fore reading. Who in your opinion was not so great dressed?

Photos from- www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com, www.nydailynews.com,www.gettyimages.com,jelenator.blogg.se

No comments:

Post a Comment