Sunday 15 December 2013

DIY Christmas pillow case

Hi! I wanted to share with you what I did to make my room more Christmas-y, which is making my own pillow case. I know, I could just go to a shop and get one but it's not the same, as making this Christmas themed pillow case was fun and a great time killer! (and simply because I love sewing).

Equipment- Christmas fabric (I picked this adorable Rudolph fabric), matching thread, pins, scissors.

The first thing I did was measure my pillow and measured out how much fabric I'm going to use. Then, I simply cut it out of fabric, using fabric scissors. *Remember to add extra 1 or 2 cm seam allowance.*






 Next, I folded the top bit of the fabric (roughly 8 cm, so that my pillow doesn't fall out) and pinned my fabric so that it will be easier to sew. Then I sew a straight stitch (with a red thread) along the sides of the case. After that, I sew a zig-zag stitch next to the straight stitch, so that it doesn't rip, unless you have an overlocking sewing machine, then use that. *Make sure that the fabric is turned inside out before you start sewing.*







Then, I turned the fabric inside in and delicately pushed out the corners! 







The finished product.







Thank you for reading. This is the first DIY I have ever written about (I'm still new to all this and I know this isn't very detailed) I hope you liked it!

Follow me on twitter - https://twitter.com/ViolettaGomez_

No comments:

Post a Comment